What We Believe
By Law’s / Our Code
1. Jesus Christ is who the Holy Bible say’s He is. We believe that Jesus Christ is the source of all life, in as much as water is the source of all physical life. Jesus Christ is the water of life that all soul’s need. (John 4:14) We will not tolerate false doctrine.
2. We believe God is in the business of restoring and bringing together all good things in unity. We will not tolerate gossip or division.
3. We believe God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the one true God, they are 3 in 1. Just as water has 3 forms 1 being rain, 2 vapor, and 3 snow they are all from the same source but 3 form’s. Also, like the day has 3 parts.. 1 being the morning, 2 the afternoon and 3 evening and still it is the one same day. Likewise, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit is the one true God.
4. We believe in teaching the Word of God “Holy Bible” as is and shown with illustration’s. We believe the Word of God should not be changed nor tampered with. (Galatians 1:8) As it can ruin the case of one’s life seeking the truth that set’s them free. (John 8:32) We will not tolerate the Word of God “Holy Bible” to be mis-treated in the church or used out of context.
5. Eat the pomegranates and plant the seed’s. (2 Timothy 2:2) In the church we come together to learn God’s word to practice and teach it to other’s. It is about having a teachable heart and attitude.
6. We honor and love God and one another as Jesus Christ commanded us. (Matthew 22:36-40)In doing this we Glorify God.
7. Judgement free church zone. (John 3:17) No one has the right to judge others but Jesus Christ. (James 4:12) We will not tolerate the judgment of other’s. We shall love one another, by this all will know we are disciples of Jesus Christ. (John 13:35)
LifeWater Church Statement of Faith
#1) We Believe that the Bible is God’s Holy Word, verbally and fully inspired, inerrant and infallible in the original text, and of final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
Matthew 24:35 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”
#2) We Believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We Believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, and measureless in power. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and eternal death all who come to Him through faith in Jesus Christ.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
#3) We Believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God. We believe that in His earthly life He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. We believe in His substitutionary and atoning death for the sins of the world. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, there to make intercession for the saints. We believe in His personal and visible, imminent and pre-millennial return to the world in power and great glory. (Matthew 2:18-23)
#4) We Believe in the Holy Spirit. We believe He was sent forth from the Father to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. We believe that He indwells, sanctifies, instructs, guides, empowers, comforts, and intercedes for believers in Jesus Christ (John 16:13). We believe that the Holy Spirit sovereignly bestows His gifts upon believers in Christ. We believe in all the Gifts and Powers of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12)
#5) We Believe that all people are, by nature and by choice, sinners, destitute of any power to save themselves. We believe that the only means of salvation for humankind is the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit through personal faith and surrender to Jesus Christ and in the sufficiency of His shed blood. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all people: those who are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation. (John 5:29)
#6) We Believe the Church is a living, spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head, and to which all regenerated persons belong. We believe a local church is a company of believers a branched that lives trough the True Vine Jesus Christ (John 15), baptized by immersion in water upon an acceptable confession of faith in Christ, and associated together for worship, work, and fellowship; and for the task of persuading a sinful world to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,”
We further believe that each local church must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority.
#7) We Believe that it is the believer’s privilege and duty to “grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ”. We believe that this is done through personal and diligent study of the Holy Scriptures, through attendance at regular and special services and events of the local church, or church groups, through observance of Biblical ethical standards, through intercessory prayer for others and through the faithful stewardship of time, talents, and treasures entrusted to the believer by his Lord.